Friday, April 17, 2009

Feliz Pascoa!

I've decided Easter is my favorite holiday (of course Christmas is a close second)! I just love all the colors and the feel of Easter. I love the time we have to dedicate to the reflection of our Savior and His atonement. People don't seem to get so stressed and burdened by the holiday so it's more enjoyable. And, of course, I also love the candy and fun that goes with Easter.

Easter morning Shaun came over and he and Mark searched for their Easter baskets I had hidden. After, we had breakfast and watched the church's Easter short film and read the First Presidency's message. It was a very good day for us!

Mark's basket...

Shaun's basket...

Then for dinner I made some pasta...with some Easter shaped pasta my friend Jill got me one year. It was fun...here are some of the shapes...


The night before Easter we had the annual Easter Egg Hunt- a tradition in my family since I was really young. It was always so much fun! Although we didn't have nearly as many people as we used to have growing up, it was still a blast to be with friends and have some fun!

First, I decided to make some Easter cake...here's the body...

Shaking some food coloring in the coconut for grass...

Body surrounded by grass...don't mind the huge mess on the counter...

Eyes and a mouth...with some jelly beans in the grass...

Finishing touches....

The final product...with cupcakes...and chocolate covered strawberries that Vanessa brought.

So here were our participants...Shaun of course! :)

Our favorite neighbors, Erik and Michelle...

the almost newly weds, Kevin and Vanessa....

...Mark, of course...and our friend Aaron came by later too. Another successful Easter full of the fun spirit of Spring, the beginning of life, and the reflection on the great Atonement and our great Savior! Happy Easter!!! :)

1 comment:

Jenna Brems said...

That bunny cake is soooo cute!! Your so creative Jodie!! :)