Saturday, February 14, 2009

PMS in the Brems house

Well, before we get to my funny PMS story...let me show how awesome Mark is. I came home from work one night and this was what I found on our bathroom mirror. He's so good to me...I'm very lucky....


...(cute side picture of Mark....)


...ok, and then I have my girl moments...

Well, I'd say I'm not usually a very emotional person. Things usually hit me and I just ignore them or get over them pretty quick...that's why when I do occasionally get emotional I can't handle it very well...I don't know how to deal with it. I usually just get mad at myself and my stubbornness comes out...so here's a funny story...

A couple weeks ago Mark told me about a pizza they had eaten at lunch that day at work. Ok, no big deal...except for it sounded so good. That's when the craving began. Usually if I get a craving I either satisfy it or it stays until I do. I waited a couple weeks and then it hit hard. I just wanted that stupid pizza. It actually kind of made me mad because it shouldn't be such a big deal...but it was. Anyways, long story short. Mark thought it would be fun for our date night to make a pizza together. It was a very good idea...just one problem, I had already been craving a specific pizza- Papa John's wheat crust canadian bacon pizza. Well, we got the stuff to make it and got a recipe online for the sauce. For whatever reason, the sauce ended up being SUPER sour and tasted like rotten tomatoes. I took one bite and got nauseous. Since it was our date night I didn't want to leave the table so I just pushed my plate aside. But the smell of the sauce was making me really sick to my stomach. I got up and made a bowl of cereal- usually very safe- but that made me even more sick. So I had to get up and go to the couch and lie down. I ended up crying because I felt so bad. It was definitely a dumb girl moment! Poor Mark! He felt bad and didn't really know what to do. So our night was kind of ruined after that...the mood anyways. I felt horrible...and to top it off, my craving was worse than before.

On Saturday I decided to make a homemade pizza from scratch and use a different sauce recipe- to try to make up for the night before. Mark was set on just ordering the pizza from Papa Johns and being done...like I mentioned before, I can be stubborn sometimes...not too often, of course. :) The next pizza turned out much better, minus that I burned half of it. But it took care of the craving a bit so that made life a little better for us.


Oh, isn't it fun being a girl sometimes. We are convinced that we are both in trouble when I get pregnant....I can't even imagine how bad cravings are going to be then. Sorry, Mark....and Good Luck! :)

2 comments:

Amy said...

Hi Jodie... you actually don't know me. I am Mark's cousin. He added me on facebook and I remembered that the link to this blog was on my sister Catherine's blog. SO here I am.. and I am cracking up at your pizza story! Awesome.. I am so the same way. I get a craving and sometimes I get angry that it won't subside. I try to do substitute foods.. but it doesn't cut it, and makes me want whatever even more. So I totally feel your pain. I have also gotten upset at a dinner-gone-bad.. so I totally felt for you! Anyway, thanks for the great story, I love that you are real. I hope that we will meet someday! Hi to Mark too! I have a blog and would love to send an invite, if I can get an email address? Thanks!
My email is nitymesky@yahoo.com

Mark Brems said...

Hey! I"M Mark Brems. This isn't fair.