Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!

We had a fun day...and hope everyone else did as well! It started off with breakfast...

I made Mark heart-shaped pancakes...

This is what it looked like with all the goods...heart-shaped pancakes, strawberries, and bananas, topped with berry sauce, coconut syrup and whip cream. It was yummy.

Then we were off to the dinosaur museum at Thanksgiving Point. It was really interesting...a much better experience than our adventure to the aquarium.

This is Mark with some fossiled fish. Look at the size of those suckers...

In the middle of a battle...a dinosaur one one side and a pack of alligators on the other. Run!

Brontosaurus....Oh my hugeness!

This Utah Raptor is sneaking up behind Mark, just about to claw him.

This was cool. They had an open area for kinds to create what they thought dinosaur days might have looked like. It was full of sand and lots of trees, plant, and dinosaur toys for kids to create their little worlds. There was also a constant stream of water running through to make it more fun. We wished we had James with us.


A close encounter with the Brontosaurus. "Hello, what's your name?"

Check out those skulls...

Look at the teeth and mouth on that sucker! I wouldn't want to get caught in his path.

My first 3D movie. It was on the ocean...very cool...almost as cool as our awesome glasses.

Mark's encounter with the T-Rex.

"Hello, little dinosaur."

"Maybe if I hold very still, he won't see me...."


Mr. Triceratops


I felt just like one of the kids when I saw this. I got super excited and yelled to Mark, "Look, Mark, it's a giant honu!" I had to get a picture!

Mark found an even bigger fish...

Mark thought this was fun/funny....he calls this the "Jodie-sized elephant."

"AHHHHH!!!!!"

"If I can't see him...he can't see me!"

Mark's favorite! The happy alligator...


Well, hope everyone had a great Valentine's Day!

2 comments:

Jenna Brems said...

Your Valentine pancakes were adorable!!! I'm sure they were delicious!! :)

Nope said...

I hate to be the critic....but there is no such thing as a Brontosaurus. The body used in the reconstruction was primarily that of an Apatosaurus, while the head on the "Brontosaurus" is actually from a Camarasaurus.

-always the geologist