Sunday, October 26, 2008

Pumpkin Carving

Well, Jodie and I decided to carve our pumpkins yesterday. We've been wanting to carve them for a little while now, but I'm glad that we haven't because the weather got a little warmer and some of the pumpkins around here have withered away a little. But anyway, we decided to carve our pumpkins yesterday. So, here we are all set up:

Here we go getting started at cleaning our pumpkins out.

Getting a little messy...
We don't have many pictures between this point and Jodie's final product because we had messy hands. So, here's Jodie's pumpkin. One of my favorite parts was the stem with the face, they just seem to go together.For mine, I saw a picture online of a cool pirate ship, so I decided to try and duplicate it. So, this is about the point that I was at when Jodie finished with her pumpkin; needless to say it took a little while, but it was fun. I can't say I've ever gotten this into pumpkin carving before.
So, here's a little further along.
Here's the finished product, I thought it turned out pretty good.

Here's a close up view.
Here's both of our pumpkins in front of our house. We decided to light them and do a trial run of it.
So, here's the final project. I thought they turned out really good and we had a lot of fun.

Well, I hoped that you all enjoyed the pictures and Happy Halloween everyone!

2 comments:

Catherine said...

Great pumpkins, guys! We decided to skip the carving this year, somehow the thought of my 3 year old and knife... well, you get the picture. So we pulled out the paints. But I love your pumpkins! So fun. What a great time of the year!

Unknown said...

Those are soo cute!!! We're kind of skipping Halloween because I'm going to be at state!! I love you guys!!
Love,
Jenna