Sunday, February 3, 2008

Christmas Dinner

Before we left to the Dominican, we went and had an early Christmas dinner with all the boys and our mom at her house. It was really fun to have everyone all together.

We took a picture with all of us boys and our mom. It was really neat because it was the first time we took a picture all together for a really long time.

We had a really good dinner together and exchanged some gifts.

Here's a picture right before we all sat down to eat

One of the things that really surprised me was how much Thomas had grown. He's still a little bit shorter than me, but his added height gave him a significant boost in confidence. During dinner, Thomas made the comment that he could take me now. I overheard this and asked him in what, his response was a bold "anything." So, I told him to name his challenge and we'd see who the winner would be. We talked about running, wrestling, and other events; but due to space limitations, we decided to arm wrestle. Here we are about to start.

Although Thomas put up a good fight, I had a decisive victory and advanced to the next round.

I then battled my brother John. This was a much closer battle. It took a little while to win, but I eventually pulled off another great victory.

John and I took a little break and Robert and Thomas stepped in and battled. I took the picture just a few seconds after they started and it was already the third or fourth time that Robert hit Thomas' arm against the table. You can see the reaction on some of the people's faces to get a better idea of what kind of battle this was.

Robert and John battling, again facial expressions are priceless.

For my final battle, I had to take on Robert. I put up a good fight, but in the end there was no way that I would have been able to win. I was able to keep Robert from winning quickly though.

Lastly, John and Thomas go at it. In the end, John beat Thomas and the final standings followed our birth order: Robert, me, John, and Thomas. Well Thomas, even though we didn't compete in anything else, I still got ya when it comes to arm wrestling.

1 comment:

Nope said...

thats right. whos the man? hehe