Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Memorial Day in Washington

For Memorial Day weekend we went to Washington to visit my parents. It was so much fun! I had been really homesick for a while so it was a very nice break.

Mark had some fun taking pictures around the house...some for Chad and my dad's business website and some just for fun. Of course Mark always brings sunshine to Washington (he still has not seen it rain there) so the pictures turned out very pretty. A few...

First the Washington trees.

My parents lawn and landscaping.

Since the business specializes in sprinklers, Mark took some really nice sprinkler shots.

While Mark was taking some pictures, Shaun decided to attack me, pick me up, and run me through all the sprinklers...just like old times! :)

This looks like it could have come out of a magazine to me.

Pretty rainbow shot.

The yard.

Rhodies...

Mom and I spent a lot of time laying out in the sun. The weather was really nice all weekend. Of course, I am a total wimp so I was still a bit cold...but for a few hours everyday it was nice to enjoy the sun rays! :)

For Memorial Day, we went to Point-no-Point on the Peninsula Coast. Here is the lighthouse on the peak.

Cliff shot from the beach.

It was a super low tide- the lowest I had ever seen. But the sound of the waves totally soothed my soul- sounds very corny, but so true. There is nothing that makes me more comfortable and calm than the sound of waves on a beach! :)

Mark enjoying a walk on the beach.

Receiving some council from my daddy-o.

We came across a few Bald Eagles. It was interesting- they were perched on some tree branches and a ton of crows and other birds kept circling them. But the Eagles were huge and not even bothered by the other birds bugging them. You can see here that there is a crow next to the Eagle- and the Eagle totally dwarfs it. (you'll have to click on the picture and enlarge it to really see the two birds)

Washington Coast shot.

After we got back Mark and I took a nap on the lawn. Felt so good.

Dad washed his truck while we napped.

Then mom and dad cooked up the usual amazing dinner. Dad made his famous Chow Fun! I haven't had it since I got home from my mission about 5 years ago and it was just as amazing as ever!!! Thanks, daddy! :)

On Tuesday we went for a walk on a path near my parents house...


Stopping for a pose.
Well, that was the extended weekend for us. We had a great time in Washington! Thanks mom and dad for everything! It was fun to see you guys! :)

2 comments:

Lora said...

Hey Mark-
What Med schools did/are you applying to? University of Kentucky?

Jenna Brems said...

Hey guys!
Looks like you had a lot of fun!! :) Jodie, tell your parents that their yard is GORGEOUS! And Mark, very nice photography! I'm impressed :)
I'm excited to see you two on the 4th!