Sunday, June 21, 2009

Anniversary, BYU, and Oquirrh Mt. Temple

Ok, we have three big things to report about.

First, two weeks ago, Jodie and I celebrated our 1 year anniversary. It's kind of crazy how fast time goes by; it doesn't seem like its been a year already. Our anniversary was on a Sunday this year, so it was a little bit more low key, but still very fun though. Here's the flowers that I got Jodie.

For dinner, we had a little picnic with the same food that we had on our first date at the BOCA soccer game.

The picnic was fun, but we had to do it inside because we got rained out. However, it was pretty fitting though because our picnic got rained out on our first date too. It was a lot of fun though.

The next big thing was that I finally finished my undergraduate career at BYU. Although I walked in April, I still had to take two labs for med schools. So, as of June 17th, I finished everything! When I got home from taking my last final, I found a gift sitting for me on the couch.

So, this was Jodie's prize for me for finishing my BYU career.

After opening my gift, I checked my email and I got my official acceptance to University of Arizona's grad school. So, now everything is all set for me to take the graduate certificate of Public Health program this year while I wait for med school applications to go through. It was a very exciting night.

Then to celebrate that night, Shaun came over and we played a few rounds of Wii Tennis.

The last one is that we went the next day to a morning tour of the new Oquirrh Mt. Temple. It was very fun to go through the open house and the new temple. It was very nice and pretty inside. But here is a shot of the four of us who went; Aaron, Shaun, Jodie, and I.

Here's a shot that Jodie took of the temple as we were leaving. It's a very pretty temple with a very nice view.

Well, those are three big things that we've had to celebrate lately.

2 comments:

Lora said...

Congrats on U of A! You you guys in AZ this summer? We are here until the 18th of July. Email me lorajones08@gmail.com

Jenna Brems said...

That was such a good idea, having the same dinner you had on your first date!! :) Love you both!!