Sunday, November 9, 2008

Partying with the Mia Maids...

For activity on Wednesday, the Mia Maids and I decided to have a surprise birthday party for the YW 1st counselor. We asked her husband about her favorite colors and cake and such. A couple of the girls came over at 6 and helped me to decorate...

This is Dominique (just an inch taller than me) trying to hang the streamers on the ceiling- Cassidy helped keep her up. We had so much fun decorating! We had streamers, balloons, confetti, and lots of candy on the table.

Well the Beehives decided to join us...here we are awaiting Sister Brown's arrival.


Surprise! I was behind the door but I heard she looked a bit startled when all the girls blew their birthday horns and the other leaders all shouted "Surprise!"


After the Personal Progress spiritual moment and value, we had some fun. Although the girls ended up in our hallway laughing hysterically. We all tried to figure out what was going on and what the girls found so funny- I didn't get it. They said the blood rushing to their heads just made them have the giggles...it was interesting. Mark was in the back room studying...when I went in he was working on a website- not much studying can get accomplished with a bunch of teenager girls giggling and shouting. He was a great sport though!


Here are three of my Mia Maids....Abby, Cassidy, and Dominique. Although I don't understand what was so funny...I love these girls! :)

Young Women's rendition of "Happy Birthday"...it was very theatrical, as you can see.

Blowing out the candles...you can see some of our fun decorations.

Well, after the girls left Mark decided to have some fun of his own. He tried to see how many balloons he could get to stick on me at once. You can only see three here, but at one point he had five. Who would have thought balloons could be so fun- we've had some fun wars with them since the party! :) We're just a bunch of kids ourselves.

What can I say, I'm goofy....

No comments: